A Day in the Life

A day in my life. Thoughts on leadership, management, startups, technology, software, concurrent development, etc... Basically the stuff I think about from 10am to 6pm.

11/21/2005

Grid Computing: Reading, Reading, Reading....

In December I’m presenting at a Microsoft & Partners Technology SIG for eBig and as I prepare for the presentation I’m doing A LOT of reading. I ran across a really good overview of grid computing written by Dr. M. Mitchell Waldrop called “Grid Computing”. This report is also tucked inside a larger document called “The Future of Computing”. I’m trying to collect a timeline and figure out the matrix on where all the grid solutions live and what kinds of problems they are good for. If I ever get it finished I’ll post a copy. One thing for sure is that there are many definitions for grid computing.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home