A Day in the Life

A day in my life. Thoughts on leadership, management, startups, technology, software, concurrent development, etc... Basically the stuff I think about from 10am to 6pm.

12/13/2007

AVIFileOpen returns 0x8004406d…

So what does it mean? I was trying to open a .wav file to merge into my AVI stream. After a bit of running around I found that my .wav file only contained a header…no data. And this is why the AVIFileOpen was failing with the return code AVIERR_FILEREAD.

Not a very good error message because the Microsoft documentation says the error indicates, "A disk error occurred while reading the file."

Which is not the case.

2 Comments:

At March 18, 2010 1:41 PM, Anonymous Brian said...

Thanks I couldn't find the error code and I was wondering what was happening.

Thanks,

Brian
Ranch for Sale

 
At July 16, 2011 2:28 AM, Anonymous Javin @ remove symbolic link in linux said...

great post , I like the content by the way I have also blogged my experience as comparator and comparable in java with example and suggestion will be highly welcomed

 

Post a Comment

<< Home