A Day in the Life

A day in my life. Thoughts on leadership, management, startups, technology, software, concurrent development, etc... Basically the stuff I think about from 10am to 6pm.

8/06/2007

Didn't Microsoft used to have forums?

I just got to know what is going on? I haven't been able to access Microsoft forums for awhile now. I'm getting the error below when I try to link to http://forums.microsoft.com:



And if I try any link off the forums.microsoft.com root...such as the one in the right hand panel of the http://msdn2.microsoft.com page...under Communities...my browser just sits there spinning...looking lost and confused. In other words...nothing loads and there is no error message.

So Microsoft...WHAT'S UP!

6 Comments:

At August 07, 2007 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is the URL of that error page?

 
At August 07, 2007 9:46 AM, Blogger Dan Ciruli said...

Hmmm...works fine for me!

 
At August 07, 2007 11:54 AM, Blogger Kim Greenlee said...

Hi Robert, the url where I see the error is http://forums.microsoft.com. Dan I'm still seeing the problem this morning...I haven't been able to access the Microsoft forums from anywhere. Could this be a cache thing...?

 
At August 08, 2007 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it works for me too. I dunno. It doesn't work for you from different computers and from different networks?

 
At August 08, 2007 9:53 AM, Blogger Kim Greenlee said...

Well I cleaned out my Internet cache and cookie cache and that didn't make a difference. Since both you and Dan can see the site and no matter where I am (using this particular computer) I can't see it...I got to thinking...what if it's being blocked? I checked my Windows Firewall to see if it was on...it was...I turned it off and lo I can now see the Microsoft forums again. I really don't understand why I would get a server error and I don't understand why Microsoft would block its own site. But I'm past the problem that has been plaguing me for weeks. Thanks Robert.

 
At August 10, 2007 11:23 AM, Blogger Dan Ciruli said...

Blocking their sites is strange, but maybe intentional.

Hey, they could make a lot of our systems run faster by not installing their software, too! Think of how snappy my performance would be if I weren't running Outlook all the time! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home