A Day in the Life

A day in my life. Thoughts on leadership, management, startups, technology, software, concurrent development, etc... Basically the stuff I think about from 10am to 6pm.

12/05/2006

.NET Developer Association...Come On Down!

Welcome .NET Developer Association folks. As you look at this blog to help you decide whether to attend my talk next week, let me tell you that I was a senior server engineer in one of my past lives. This is not a marketing talk. In the threading section of my talk we will look at C# code, assembler, and discuss common mistakes that threading newbies make. This section is a deep dive. The software development community must embrace concurrent software development to take advantage of the new multi-core machines. It is up to you to be prepared for this by becoming knowledgeable about concurrent software development principles and tools. The two tools that I will discuss are threads and grid objects. I will also discuss concurrent design and process ideas as well. This is a big subject but an important one. So I hope to see many of you there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home