A Day in the Life

A day in my life. Thoughts on leadership, management, startups, technology, software, concurrent development, etc... Basically the stuff I think about from 10am to 6pm.

9/01/2006

It’s Hockey Time!

It’s time for a new hockey season to start. So if you’re a woman in the San Francisco Bay Area and interested in ice hockey check out the Northern California Women’s Hockey League. There are four divisions starting from the very beginning level (I don’t even know how to skate) to the advanced (I’ve played in college). Captains volunteer and pick teams each season so the teams are often different and you’ll get a chance to meet a lot of people. NCWHL has some great people participating and hockey is certainly a great way to get exercise!

If you’re a man or woman who is interested in coaching ice hockey...here’s your chance. Contact the Coaching Coordinator and let her know your experience and interest. The league works hard to guarantee coaches for each team in the Green and Red divisions. And also tries to get coaches for the Maroon division.

I took the summer season off from both coaching and playing; I’ve already signed up to skate and had decided to take another season off from coaching. But when I got an email asking if I would be the on ice coach for the Red placement session...it took me all of 0.5 seconds to decide yes. While I don’t want to commit to a full season of coaching, I love it so much I’m more than happy to take the one offs!

If you’re looking for me...I’ll be on the ice.

1 Comments:

At September 05, 2006 8:12 AM, Blogger Dan Ciruli said...

Right on! Lace 'em up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home