A Day in the Life

A day in my life. Thoughts on leadership, management, startups, technology, software, concurrent development, etc... Basically the stuff I think about from 10am to 6pm.

8/29/2006

Passport Problems?



Maybe it’s bad luck or maybe bad karma...or maybe I’m just stupid. But I get myself into ALL kinds of trouble with Microsoft Passport. I have two accounts. One that is for work and one that is personal. So maybe that is the problem. Either way...I just don’t know.

The first time I ran into a Passport problem was about two months ago on the Microsoft Community Forums, I tried to login using my work account and I got "stuck" on a profile page. Nothing I did could get me past that page...for weeks...but that seems to be fixed now. Yea. (Microsoft screw-ups 1)

The second time was when I tried to login to the Microsoft Partner site and I used the wrong Passport account. That took awhile to figure out because I was so sure that I had used my work account and not my personal account to register. (Kim screw-ups 1)

My latest adventure with Passport is happening on the Microsoft Partner page. The site has been revamped...I know because I got an email about it. So I thought I would check it out. I tried logging in with one account and that failed (I got a message saying that I wasn’t a member, okay, wrong account), so I wanted to try the other account...this is where the fun starts. I am sad to report that I can push that Sign Out button ALL day long and nothing happens. It stays a Sign Out button.

Is it me? Is it the site? Is it Passport?

Current Screw-up Score:

Microsoft 1
Kim 1
Unknown 1

Am I annoyed? Yes

4 Comments:

At August 31, 2006 1:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's funny. I just had problems with my passport too. Only this was my U.S. passport--I lost it. Did you know it is possible to get a U.S. passport in one day?

 
At September 01, 2006 12:26 PM, Blogger Kim Greenlee said...

That reminds me that I need to renew my US passport. And yes I know for the right kind of money you can get your passport in one day. That is how I got my first one! Nothing like a poorly planned business trip to make an executive team cough up cash.

 
At September 04, 2006 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's funny you got your first passport for a business trip.

 
At March 19, 2019 6:36 AM, Anonymous abhi said...

funny article

 

Post a Comment

<< Home