A Day in the Life

A day in my life. Thoughts on leadership, management, startups, technology, software, concurrent development, etc... Basically the stuff I think about from 10am to 6pm.

6/06/2006

Having a bad hair day...

For the last two shopping trips I’ve been looking for conditioner. I use Clairol Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner and for the record I started using the products long before the tasteless commercials for it came out (the ones with the woman having a sexually charged experience getting her hair washed.) Anyway, I haven’t been able to find the product at either Albertsons or Safeway. So I started wondering if the product had been discontinued. I really can’t tell.

I did a little Googling and found out that the products are made by Procter & Gamble, searching through the site I ended up on a new site that seems to be just for the Herbal Essences products and wouldn’t it just figure that the site is a Flash presentation. This is really annoying, quit f*cking with me and just tell me what is going on. Why can’t I find the products I want? What happened to them?

My shampoo and conditioner of choice has been Herbal Essences Normal Hair Moisture-Balancing Shampoo/Conditioner, wouldn’t it have been a lot more user friendly to just put up a chart that says, “If you were using this, then you’ll want to switch to this.” But I suppose that would have been too easy to use and not flashy enough so I’m stuck with doing a stupid questionnaire that seemed totally irrelevant so that I can find out what new product replaces my older preferred product.

Here are the two irrelevant questions:

I am

A) the girl-next-door
B) far from perfect
C) a diva, baby

I’m more likely to:

A) gossip with my friends than about them
B) sing in an elevator than in the shower
C) I’ll never tell


Now, for the love of GOD! Does anyone know what those questions have to do with selecting a shampoo? And I can’t just by-pass the questionnaire; I have to answer ALL the questions. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

I’m informed that the new shampoo I want is Herbal Essences hello hydration. Totally different scent and it says it’s for dry hair. I don’t have dry hair.

I’m sooo not looking forward to finding a new shampoo that we can all be happy with.

1 Comments:

At August 07, 2006 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we too have noticed that suddenly our beloved Herbal Essences pink shampoo with the rose on the bottle has disappeared from 7 stores we looked in including Costco, Long's, Rite Aid, Target, and Walgrens.
I think it's the end and I don't know an equivalent product to use.
I certainly won't use whatever product Clairol ponies up as a suppsed substitute; I will not reward a company for abandoning loyal customers like this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home