A Day in the Life

A day in my life. Thoughts on leadership, management, startups, technology, software, concurrent development, etc... Basically the stuff I think about from 10am to 6pm.

3/04/2006

Valley Doings: Ookles Barbeque

I was fortunate to be invited to a barbeque today for Ookles. I got an overview of what Scott and his team is building and I’m looking forward to playing around with it. If you want to find out what they’re doing you need to keep an eye on Scott’s blog.

One of the things I really enjoyed was listening to the conversations going on between other people. Jared Kim talked briefly about selling his China based online game company; Jared, his sister Julia, and Marc Canter discussed the Korean Web 2.0 scene. Matt, whose last name I don’t know, talked a little about his travels. I talked to Marc’s wife Lisa for a little while, her blog can be found here. (Thanks to Demitrious and Nicki for their hospitality.) All in all it was a very amazing group of people.

I absolutely love hearing people discuss their dreams and their journeys. I love finding out about new companies and technologies. So even though I don’t feel like I contributed much to the conversations, except perhaps to the Ultima Online conversation, I really enjoyed the party. The world is such a fascinating place. Since I’m fortunate to be involved in the alpha I’m looking forward to getting to know some of the other folks better.

So good luck Scott and let the testing begin.

Technorati tags: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home