A Day in the Life

A day in my life. Thoughts on leadership, management, startups, technology, software, concurrent development, etc... Basically the stuff I think about from 10am to 6pm.

3/27/2006

March 26, 2006

Sometimes it just seems that my day fly’s away. Today I woke up around 9am, talked to the kids until they left for Fairyland, showered, fed the cat, started the laundry cycle (5 loads), picked up toys, vacuumed, coached a hockey session, trimmed some bushes, took the boys to dinner, got the boys ready for bed, fed the cat again, went to the grocery store, and finally time to sit and relax...at 9:30pm. I have NO idea how single parent families do it.

A couple interesting things today. My neighbor’s daughter had a Chinese engagement party this morning. It was really neat. I heard the drumming first, and then I peaked over the fence and realized something private was going on. So I went back into the house. The drumming went on for awhile and then they set off a bunch of fire crackers. Too bad the kids missed it. And just for the record...peeking over the fence only requires that I walk out on to my porch. I’m not THAT nosey.

Another neighbor had joined the kids and me for dinner, on the way home a street lamp blinked out. Our neighbor told us that the street lights blink out because the gases in the light get too hot. She said that it’s a natural cycling process. I tried searching for an online reference that would give me more information but I was unable to find anything. I thought it was interesting and if someone else runs across a reference it would be great if you could post it here.

Today was my last coaching session for the year; I’m also not skating out so no hockey for a few months. I applied to an MBA program last month. I don’t know if I’ll get in but I am retaking both Statistics and Calculus because if I do, I have to have both of those classes completed before the program starts. It’s been 20 years since I last took these classes. When I came to the realization that it had been so long, it was a little surprising. Okay, it was very surprising. Anyway, I had a really good time on the ice today and I’m going to miss it. Not just the hockey, but also the people. On the plus-side when I do go back there will be new faces.

Well, off to bed. Tomorrow will be another full day and I hope a day with a visit from my neighborhood termite exterminator extraordinaire and I really hope a completed second draft of the Excel white paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home