A Day in the Life

A day in my life. Thoughts on leadership, management, startups, technology, software, concurrent development, etc... Basically the stuff I think about from 10am to 6pm.

11/28/2005

Musing: The Other People with My Name

Have you ever Googled yourself to see where you are listed and instead you get a bunch of hits about other people who have the same name as yourself? I think of myself as uniquely me but here are all these other women who share my name. Greenlee isn’t even that common a name. When I Google in Images I can see what some of these women look like. (I’m in the hockey photos.) The Internet has created this warping of my reality overlaid with others. And so I say...it’s just weird. I’m glad I don’t have a more common name. It would be even more disconcerting to be lost in that large a dataset. Swimming in a pool of others. Like me, but nothing like me. I think I need to go to bed..... :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home