A Day in the Life

A day in my life. Thoughts on leadership, management, startups, technology, software, concurrent development, etc... Basically the stuff I think about from 10am to 6pm.

9/19/2005

eBooks at the Library...

I saw an article in the Oakland Tribune last night that mentioned that eBooks were available at the Oakland Public Library through their website. My first thought was cool but...what kind of books could they possibly have? Well, I went out and looked and I have to say I was impressed. One of my needs is for computer language books. When I’ve gone to the brick and mortar library, the computer books were so out of date they were useless. So I just got into the habit of buying all my books. I have an extremely large library as a result. I’m sure I have well over 1000 books. No, they are not all computer books, being a geek I have many interests. But because I’m a recovering software nerd, I really don’t want to buy any more language books or how-to books. This looks like a great alternative.

The books are provided by NetLibrary and if your local library has joined, you will be able to log in and enjoy. For Oakland folks go to http://www.oaklandlibrary.org/databaselist.htm#ebooks, then use your log in id (which is that really ugly long number on the back of your library card) and your password (which is the last four digits of your phone number).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home